Last Updated: January 2023
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Advertising and Analytics
- Transfer of Information to the United States and Other Countries
- Your Choices
- Contact Us
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information directly from you when you create an account, fill out a “Contact Us,” “Account Details” or other type of form, submit or post content through our Services, make a purchase or a donation, apply for a job, communicate with us via third-party platforms, participate in a promotion, attend a webinar hosted or co-hosted by CFC, request a direct consultation or customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information about you that we collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, school affiliation, and any other information you choose to provide. Additionally, if you make a purchase, we work with a third-party payment processor to collect and process your payment information.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about your interactions with us or our Services, including:
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase we collect information about the transaction, such as purchase details, purchase price, and the date of the transaction.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your operating system version, IP address, unique device identifiers, and browser type. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and those who perform work for us) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about your interactions with the Services. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We obtain information from other sources. For example, we may collect information from data analytics providers, and mailing list providers. This information includes analytics, demographic, and business contact data. In addition, we may collect information from certain co-hosted webinars on a non-CFC platform. Webinar cohosts may provide us with information voluntarily obtained from individuals who participate in the webinar.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your approximate location based on your IP address.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to deliver the products and services you request, administer your account, and customize your experience with us. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, improve, and develop new products and services, including to debug and repair errors in our Services;
- Personalize your experience with us;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, support messages and other transactional or administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer support;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by CFC and others, process your payments or donations, send you related information such as confirmations and invoices, and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our products and Services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Facilitate promotions and process and deliver entries, prizes and awards;
- Detect, investigate, and help prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and help protect the rights and property of CFC and others;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- Create de-identified, anonymized or aggregated information; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We share personal information with vendors that access personal information to perform work for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, operating our e-commerce platforms and websites, shipping and delivery, communications, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and cybersecurity, as well as marketing and advertising.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of CFC, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of CFC assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
We also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (such as Facebook). As part of these ad campaigns, we or the third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
TRANSFER TO AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION IN THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
CFC is headquartered in the United States and we have operations and vendors in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction.
You may update and correct certain account information at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to deactivate your account, please contact email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from CFC by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By mail: Committee for Children, Attention: Privacy, 2815 Second Ave., Suite 400, Seattle, WA 98121